Friday, July 8, 2011

flash notes - finish the sentence

how can i bring the scene to mind? a sunny mid-winter morning. a pavement leads two people towards the taxi rank outside a mall. not the most romantic setting. young woman walks on the left, alongside the traffic. young man walks on the right, alongside a wall. they are both dressed in hoodies and jeans. she looks at him, laughing. he holds a plastic bottle enclosed in a plastic bag close to his mouth. they seem oblivious to anybody in the world except each other. lowering the bottle from his lips, he says, “i love it when you call me...”

3 comments:

Slindy said...

What a great scene

Poetic Soul said...

I wrote something the other day and battled with getting the first part just right, I wish I had your brain thene first part just right, I wish I had your brain then

a fieldnote said...

Thank you! :)